Tuesday, January 1, 2013

All Booked Up

Hey everyone! Thanks for joining me today, for the January Papertrey Ink Senior DT challenge. This time around we are bringing back All Booked Up! It's been fun pulling out this unique and lovely set. Some of my favorite types of images to work with are circular ones, because they are so versatile and there are so many ways to use them. I just love that this set has four of them to work with!  For today's card and gift ensemble I've utilized one of these gorgeous circles as the focus.
 
Have a look!...
A coordinating card and bookmark wrap, perfect for a bookworm friend!
First up, the card...  I stamped the flower vase image in black ink onto a rustic white cardstock block. 
Then spot colored just one of the circle images.  Here's A Tip: I began stamping the pattern with the image I knew I wanted to color and then continued the pattern from there.  This ensures a perfect placement. 
The packaging began by creating a trio of bookmarks to embellish the gift wrapped books. 
The top bookmark was created in the same fashion as the card.  The other two were simply die cut from cardstock and stamped with an All Booked Up sentiment.
Topped each bookmark with a cardstock top.  Here's How: After die cutting from the pattern paper, I die cut again from coordinating cardstock, trimmed off the tops and attached.  Then simply clipped all three to the package, which was wrapped with more coordinating cardstock and some gold glitter twine.

Well, that's it from me today. Now be sure to visit the other Papertrey Ink senior design team girls for more All Booked Up goodness...
Thanks for stopping by today!

Maile



Having You As A Friend Card and Gift...

12 comments:

  1. I love your creations! The soft colors and clean lines are so soothing, creating a perfect mood for reading a good book. Thank you for sharing your creativity and tutorials. =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours, MAILE! Love your card sketch and images/coloring. Great bookmarks, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bookmarks & the card! Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only one thing better than receiving a bookmark... receiving 3! Beautiful, and thanks for the placement tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that just one circle is colored. Makes for a stunning card. Love the bookmark idea gift and card to go along. Love your work. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is such a creative idea using the circle image.
    Love the whole package you created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors, the design, the simplicity. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your tips and as always your style.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Maile - super ideas!! I feel the need to purchase this set now - Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful projects! I love how you only colored the one area in the card. It is so beautiful that way! And that package is so sweet! I love the tiny clothespin. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS