Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Quilled Elegance Day Three

Hi there! Just popping in for day three of the Papertrey Ink countdown and for today I'd like to focus on one of my two stamps sets from this month... Quilled Elegance.

So, let me get right to it...
First up, a one layer card.  Using the sentiment frame (the same one from yesterdays post) I inked only one side in black ink (the largest side), positioned it verticaly and stamped onto a kraft card base.
This card shows you a bit of this sets coloring side.  After stamping I chose a few Copic markers and enhanced each quill with a bit of color.  Then finished the card off with a sentiment and black rhinestones.
Up next... I used the same image portion as above, but this time I inked it in gold ink and stamped onto a piece of enchanted evening cardstock.
Before attaching the enchanted evening cardstock strip to the white card base, I applied a strip of gold washi tape.  Then stamped the sentiment and rounded the bottom corner.
Here's A Tip: The "Happy Wedding Day" sentiment is actually designed as one continual line, but to break it up into three parts (like above) I've carefully masked off the desired portion with Post It Notes before inking.  Please note... after inking, you will need to remove the Post It Notes before stamping because they will be covered with ink.  Also, for perfect placement, I began stamping the middle word first.
Last but not least, a simple yet elegant wedding card. 
I began by hand stamping a pattern onto a rustic white card base, using three of the quilled images (not yet seen) in gold ink.
To break up the busy pattern a bit I attached a wide kraft cardstock strip.  On top of that I adhered a sentiment stripe, stamped with a sentiment from another new stamp set...Just A Kiss.  Then finished the card off with a Studio Calico veneer heart, which I pressed into my gold ink pad.

Well, that's all I've got for you today.  Just remember... the Quilled Elegance stamp sets will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink, beginning December 15th. In the mean time, I'd love to know what you think so far, so please feel free to share!

Now, be sure to visit Nichole Heady and Danielle Flanders for peeks at Heart-2-Heart #11 and more Quilled Elegance. Also, Lizzie Jones, Lexi Daly, Heather Nichols and Melissa Bickford have peeks to share with you of their newest sets for the month.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile


Happy Birthday One Layer Card
InLinkz.com

Happy Wedding Day Card




Mr. & Mrs. Card

25 comments:

  1. You've done it again, Maile - I can't wait to get this set - the possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are simply beautiful cards, Maille. A wonderful set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I was going to LOVE this set! It is just wonderful Maile! Your samples are divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love your new set and your creations are absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Maile! The simple lines and clean design are just so 'you'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this set, and I love all your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cards you're creating with this set are stunning, Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This stamp set is amazing and I can't wait to get it to my desk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maile -

    Absolutely love this new set! Your cards are gorgeous!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! You inspire me to persevere and find a gold ink pad that is juicy enough - I had to take one back already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your gold inking! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tips, love the cards you created. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great samples - love the gold ink & the versatility of this set. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This such a beautiful and elegant set!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this quilled set!! And your cards are just lovely!! Beautiful job!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats Maile on such a beautiful set! Your projects are stunning too. This set should be really popular.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards are gorgeous and I know that I will adore this set! I can hardly wait to see the rest of it and make it mine. My first experience with paper crafting was quilling...that's what led me to card making. Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I immediately loved your Quilled Elegance set the second I saw it! Love how you've used it! I will be buying that set for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Swooning over the simple elegance of this set. Nice!
    -- Connie C.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maile, this set is just exquisite and your projects are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely cards, great new set! LOVE your designs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. great projects! of course, i especially love the golden card for the mr. & mrs.!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous cards Maile! The first one is AMAZING! I love the colors, the design, everything about it! The 2nd card is so lovely and pretty! I love the gold and blue together! The 3rd card is soooo gorgeous! I love all the gold! And that heart is such a sweet touch :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS