Thursday, June 14, 2012

Desktop File: Inspiration

Welcome to the final day of the Papertrey Ink June Countdown and the second design team group post day. This time around we bring you Desktop File: Inspiration stamp set. The girls have hit it out of the park with this one!  What a genius idea to turn a convenient Rolodex into an inspiration file that's at your fingertips every time you create.  I am extremely pleased with the way my project turned out.  Let me share...  
I chose to go the small and simple route.  I don't have much space when it comes to my crafty surface and I wanted to make sure this inspiration file was small enough to keep close and at an arms reach.  So I bought a simple Rolodex for about $7 at my local office supply store.
I also chose to go with a Beautiful Butterflies theme, in a color combo of Melon Berry, Aqua Mist & Terracotta Tile.  I die cut the tabbed file cards from white cardstock and stamped each with a few butterflies.
For added protection, from my messy craftiness, I die cut an additional tabbed file card from clear cardstock and placed at in the very front.  And for in between all the tabs, I bought a package of Rolodex refill cards (plan).
Moving on now to the inspiration.  I chose to place three different sketch tabs... Vertical Sketches (which are most commonly used by me), Horizontal Sketches and Square Sketches.  Using the refill cards, I stamped each with the grid pattern in Soft Stone ink.  Then stamped the card shaped Sketch Starters in Smokey Shadow ink.
The arrangement on these cards allows me to sketch and jot down quick notes, all on one card.  I also love, love, love having the grid lines to help me make cleanly sketched out ideas. 
Last inspiration tab is the Color Combo tab.  A girl can't ever have too many of these!  Stamped the Color Combo Block in Smokey Shadow ink, jot down the color combo and filled the tiny squares with the coordinating ink.  Easy peasy!
Well, there you have it. I hope you've enjoyed! Just remember that the Desktop File: Inspiration stamp set will be available beginning June 15, at Papertrey Ink. Now, be sure to see what the rest of the Papertrey Ink design team has in store for you today...
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile




Beautiful Butterflies Inspiration File

6 comments:

  1. This is the best udea I have seen all year - totally love it and I am definately going to borrow it. Hope you don't mind. And thank you for sharing.

    Hugs, mette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Maile! Now I just need to use it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maile-I LOVE it whenever you stamp butterflies! The results are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS