Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Hydrangea and Think Big Favorites #16

Howdy everyone! Welcome back, so glad you could join me for day 4 of the Papertrey Ink May Countdown. For today my focus is on showcasing a couple of sets... Think Big Favorites #16 and my set once again... Happy Hydrangea. Both of which are sets that I am currently loving! So, let me get started...
First up, I used Happy Hydrangea to create a bountiful bundle of blossoms.  I inked three large blossoms, one in Spring Rain, another in Winter Wisteria and the last in both Spring Rain and Winter Wisteria.
Finished the card off with a die cut bow, stamped in Plum Pudding, and a Think Big Favorites #16 sentiment.
Here's an anniversary card using the Masking stamping technique, to create a single layer hydrangea and frame layout.
Trimmed the edge with an edger die and finished the card off with a Think Big Favorites #16 sentiment, a die cut bow and a rhinestone embellishment.
Pulled out the frame image again for this Hello card.  I began by impressing a card front with the new Simple Stripes Impression Plate, creating the look of a paneled wall.
I then created a framed focal point using both the frame and bow dies from the Happy Hydrangea Die Collection.
Last but not least, I was going for more of a modern look.  I combined a trio of sentiments, from Fillable Frames Sentiments, Think Big Favorites #16 and Happy Hydrangea.
Then stamped a trio of hydrangeas, using Berry Sorbet, Spring Rain and Melon Berry, to frame the sentiments.  Then finished the card off with a few rhinestones.

Well, that's it from me today but do remember... both of these sets will be available for purchase through Papertrey Ink, beginning May 15th. In the mean time, I'd love to know what you think so far, so please share!

Don't forget to stop by Nichole Heady's blog, she is also featuring both Happy Hydrangea and Think Big Favorites #16. Also, be sure to visit Heather Nichols & Melissa Bickford. These ladies have peeks to share with you of their newest sets for the month.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Maile



With Gratitude Card:
InLinkz.com

Happy Anniversary Card:

InLinkz.com

Hello Frame Card:

InLinkz.com

Birthday Wishes Card:

14 comments:

  1. Maile, these cards are gorgeous! Love the Simple Stripes Impression plate and how it gives such an elegant look along with that sweet oval frame and bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combination of sentiments on the birthday card, Maile. My favorite of the four is the framed "Hello". I'm such a sucker for the stripey embossed background! Not to mention the happy bow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything you create is fabulous...elegant set and love the oval frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all just lovely, but the hello card is my favorite. Such a great layout and colors are just perfect. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  5. M, all of these cards are stunning. I love how you masked the frame and flowers together. Your creativity inspires me! And your clean graphic style amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo pretty! I love especially the card with the purple frame and the embossed lines! Gorgeous! What a fabulous new set, Maile!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. so lovely! i adore your stamp designs, this is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always so appreciate your style - so gorgeous and so classy. Thank you for all your hard work each and every countdown - I look forward to your cards so much every month. Hope you are all recovered from surgery and feeling all healed. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards. I love your Hello card. All the hydrangeas are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice cards! I especially like the masked card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards, Mailes - they really show off the stunning image and coordinating supplies - can't wait to get my hands on these :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the cards are beautiful Maile! I absolutely love the colors of the first "With Gratitude" card. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maile, your design skills are just impeccable. This set is so elegant and pretty, and lends itself so well to your card style. I love your stamp sets, and how well thought out they are!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, these are so lovely! Where did you get the die cut bow? I want one! Please e-mail me: liti6@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS