Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Paper Tearing Challenge

Greetings! Over at the Hero Arts Blog they were having a Paper Tearing Challenge. So I had combined the Hero Arts Challenge with the latest colors from the Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #18... I don't own very many of their stamps. But this seamed like a great opportunity to create something using minimal Hero Arts stamps since I only own one Christmas set, a sentiment stamp set.

The tree was created by tearing layers of cardstock, adhering them together then cutting away the excess to form the tree shape. Then embellished with a raspberry star and rhinestones.
The snow was torn from cream cardstock, crinkled then adhered to the card base and then the torn edge was lifted for a little dimension. The card base was stamped with a few snowflakes from Winter Swirls set in Versamark.
Hope you enjoyed your visit with me today, have a wonderful day!

Maile


Happy Holidays: (All PTI unless noted)
  • Stamps: Winter Swirls, Tree Trimming Trio (Star) & Hero Arts Holiday Messages (Sentiment)
  • Ink: Raspberry Fizz & Versamark
  • Cardstock: Kraft, Vintage Cream & SU Wild Wasabi
  • Accessories: KaiserCraft Rhinestones, DMC Floss & Corner Rounder

30 comments:

  1. So cute! I love it! Top pick for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! Love the way you laid out the rhinestones on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Maile. Love the torn paper tree with the bling! Love what you did with the paper never mind the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I LOVE this!! The tree is so pretty with the pink bling and the snow caps are very cute! It goes great with the snowflake stamped kraft! PRETTY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, so pretty maile!! love that pink bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Malie, don't know if I can pick a favourite part of it! The snowy ground, the snowflake background, the touches of bling - all are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Love everything about it from the paper tearing and the pink gems for ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! Just beautiful Maile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so creative :) The torn cardstock makes a perfect tree and snow-covered hills :) Your card is awesome :) Great job. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is my favourite of this raspberry challenge!! The tree and snow are perfect....I might have to case this:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so pretty Maile!! Love the gems all over that fabulous tree!

    ReplyDelete
  12. another fantastic idea and card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card Maile! Pretty genius... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is GORGEOUS! A friend sent me to your blog to see your stuff and it is great! I am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful, as always! I love how you used torn pieces for the tree then clustered the bling instead of spreading it out uniformly. Very creative! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. it is so lovely! great use of those colors and of course LOVE the craft.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty, Maile! Love that gorgeous tree with just the right touches of bling :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a way to meet those challenges! The tree and snow drifts made from torn paper are fantastic! And the bling on the tree is a great mix with the rough edges of the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so beautiful as well! The torn tree is such a great idea and the bling just finishes it off beautifully! Congrats on being in the Spotlight twice!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  21. congrats on your doubble win!!!!!! awesome!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing creativity! Congrats on the spotlight with two cards!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey!! Congrats on being a double winner!! LOL We have that in my class when one person picks up both "magic scraps" when we clean up after centers!! I love both your cards...so Christmasy in a soft serene way :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, another great card! I love that idea you had with your tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I thought just for fun, I would look back at your stuff when you first started, you know make myself feel better about my work as a rookie. Hoping that I can say, gosh, I am going to just keep getting better cuz usually when people start making cards they have some not so great cards. um, I don't feel much better. I would pin this card RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS